Titolo posizione: ASSISTANT IT OFFICER
Località: Onboard – NA NA (Principale)
– assisting the delivery of all shipboard IT systems (except for ship automation systems) and telecommunications, in line with Company procedures and policies.
– supervising the Computer Room and/or Radio Station .
– supervising routine maintenance and inventory of the equipment in the Computer Room and/or Radio Station .
– checking all IT equipment on board except for ship automation equipment
– checking the proper operation of all communication equipment.
– ensuring that the batteries of all the relevant (IT and communication) equipment are in good working order and recharged when necessary.
– helping testing and checking emergency equipment.
– assisting the IT Manager in the Management of shipboard VHF mobile phones and beepers.
– checking the correct management of GMDSS equipment.
Shipboard IT equipment, infrastructure, applications and associated processes/procedures:
– assisting the IT Officer in the supervision of all shipboard IT equipment: this includes PCs and their accessories, printers (for office use and for Company security passes), POS, Internet point, SSCC, SSK, handhelds, WrWo Mobile, shipboard videoconferences, etc. Keeps an up-to-date inventory of all items of equipment – both those in use and those kept as spares.
– in the event of failures or malfunctions of infrastructure or applications, supports the IT Officer in intervening promptly, creating a Help Desk ticket and collaborating in solving the problem in conjunction with Information Technology and its Facility Management service.
– all shipboard users must report any IT issues to the IT Officer. The Assistant IT Officer helps the IT Officer analyzing the problem and decides, depending on the type of malfunction, whether to deal with the issue directly or to create a ticket.
– supervising the correct observation of the parts of the process described in the Company procedures (i.e. retrieval of shipboard access register, auto save of Time Tracking Crew cards, etc.).
– In collaboration with Corporate IT and its Facility Management service, carrying out the installation of operating system patches and antivirus software for PCs not connected to the network.
– supporting shipboard users re the handling of IT equipment required for certain tasks: PCs for processing payments, etc.
– supporting carrying out the calibration of SSK monitors.
– supporting carrying out the cleaning of Oscar scanners.
– helping resetting the Crunch Time passwords.
– helping handling the Tapes for Backup/Recovery operations.
– in the event of failures or malfunctions, collaborating with the IT Officer in the cooperation with shore-side IT and its Facility Management service to solve the problem quickly and effectively.
– supporting in administering IP addresses reserved for Inspectors from the Technical Department in line with Company policies.
Shipboard GSM phone system:
– checking that the shipboard GSM system is operating properly based on TIM/MCP infrastructure and submits a request for technical assistance to the relevant structures (operator’s Help Desk) in the event of any failure or malfunction.
– supervising the Management of the IT infrastructure and telecommunications in support of the service.
Shipboard mobile communications (VoIP):
– supervising and checking the Management of the IT infrastructure and telecommunications in support of the mobile communication service as well as for the arrangement and handling of the individual appliances.
C-Band and KU
– checking the Management of proper operation of the C-Band and KU Band, and promptly reports details of any malfunction or loss of the signal to the relevant offices or the provider’s Help Desk.
– helping making daily entries in a log containing information regarding the pattern of the C-Band/KU Band signal in the various positions.
– checking the Management of the proper operation of the routing/accounting system for passenger, administration and crew phone call traffic.
– checking the correct routing of the traffic via the different media, based on a logic of minimizing costs and, if possible, giving priority to the C-Band.
– checking the accuracy of the passenger transactions in SAPI at the request of the Administrative Director or their Assistant.
– supporting the IT Officer in managing and servicing (both routine and extraordinary maintenance) the satellite telecommunications antennas, equipment and terminals, and advises the Technical Department of any technical intervention which may be required.
Shipboard fax machines and photocopiers:
– supporting in managing the inventory of the existing machines on board, supervises their routine maintenance and servicing, and advises the relevant shore-side offices of any malfunctions or breakdowns.
– supervising technical intervention carried out by authorized firms and informs the relevant shore-side offices about such work.
– supporting the TV Director in the Management of technical intervention on the ITV server (malfunctions or upgrades).
– supporting in managing the shipboard beepers and keeps a complete inventory of all beepers in use and those kept as spares.
– carrying out reprogramming when necessary.
– informing the relevant shore-side offices of any beepers that need to be taken ashore for repair or replacement.
– supporting in managing the shipboard VHF/UHF portable radios as well as their batteries and chargers, keeps a complete inventory of all radios in use and those kept as spares.
– informing the relevant shore-side offices of any malfunctions and any radios that need to be taken ashore for repair or replacement.
– supporting IT Officer to manage any malfunction of the GMDSS station, to ensure that the batteries powering the GMDSS station are in good working order and to ensure that the GMDSS station antennas are in good working order.
IT Officer Assistant, in order to ensure his professional growth, must participate with IT Officer in tests and controls on the GMDSS station.
– assisting the IT Officer in drawing up at the end of each cruise an end-of-cruise report and send it, complete with attachments, to the distribution list defined in the procedures.
– Secondary School Diploma
Experience in Information Technology (with particular attention to Help Desk methodologies, IT Equipment, Networking) and telecommunications
– B2 English Knowledge;
Livello di carriera: Prima esperienza
Categoria: Information Systems and Technology
Maggiori dettagli sul sito ufficile della compagnia, da dove è possibile inviare il proprio curriculum vitae.